What is STEM?
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) Education is an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to learning that provides project and problem-based and relevant experiences for students, equipping them with critical thinking, problem-solving, creative and collaboration skills.
-Helios Education Foundation, 2012
AzTea is a professional nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase student achievement through technology in teaching and learning. AzTEA is the Arizona affiliate for the International Society for Technology in Education, ISTE.
- Provide a professional educational forum and network to exchange ideas, techniques, and materials.
- Promote appropriate use of technology for the improvement of instructional opportunities.
- Cooperate with commercial technology vendors to provide appropriate educational pedagogy.
- Encourage research in educational technology.
- Encourage the improvement of instruction by promoting professional standards in the field of educational technology.
- Promote recognition of educational technology advocates through role-based awards.
- Encourage membership in the International Society for Technology in Education.
ASTA is a state-wide professional teacher organization for teachers of science Pre-K through Post-Secondary. ASTA’s build a community of learners that share the joys of teaching and learning while creating and refining a vision of science education, and helping teachers put this vision into practice with their students.
AATM is a leader in mathematics education, ensuring that all students have access to the highest quality mathematics teaching and learning. We envision an environment where everyone is enthusiastic about mathematics, sees the value, beauty and power of it, and is empowered by the opportunities mathematics affords.
- Promote diversity and equity for all learners of mathematics.
- Provide guidance and disseminate information on current research and best practices regarding the teaching, learning, and assessment of mathematics.
- Collaborate and network with other professionals and organizations involved in mathematics, science, and technology.
- Foster public understanding, application and support of mathematics education.